maandag 15 april 2013

DAY 2 (1504) Burak Karabey (Theory on Creativity and Creative Problem Solving)

the trip as a group
For the second time (after yesterday evening) we survived our trip to the university. We found a better (less walking) way to the bus stop.

the workshop with Burak (Turkey)
Today we learned A LOT about creativity.
Burak started with some pictures we knew from our course mathematics in Belgium (thank you Stefan! - our teacher mathematics). An example:
I have summarised all the information about creativity in a little schedule. That makes all things clear for me.
I think it is a very good theoretic model. But actually I don’t see how I can use this in my class. For me it’s the most important thing that all students are motivated to learn. And as a teacher you should try different methods.

Burak told us some interesting stuff that leaded us to some big discussions. I think some discussions were very interesting but didn’t have any meaning in this IP. My feeling said that the discussion should have been stopped and go an after the lesson. At the end, when we got a lot of information about creativity we had to accomplish a task in group. This was the most interesting part for me. I learned a lot about some great teaching ideas from different countries. I was working more efficient in this small group than in the large group.
It would have been a great idea if we could discuss the different models of creativity in group. I think, that would lead us to very interesting theories.

the organisation
In our country, Belgium, we are used to follow our schedule very strict. So it's a big task for me to stay calm when the schedule is not followed like it's planned (timing). Maybe we should include a reflective moment in group in this IP? It's not such a big problem, but I have a lot of schoolwork to do. Because I will graduate this year I have to proof to my country that I have the competences to be a teacher. I also have a research I have to accomplish and an other task. So I really need the extra time that is normally planned on the schedule.

the city Copenhagen

I hope I can see a little bit more of the city during my stay here. Because I feel very bad that I can't see anything of the city during the early evening. This evening we went with the students from Turkey and Tess from Holland in the city to take a walk but it started raining. So we haven't see that much.


WHAT DO I LEARN?
- Creativity is something you can't define. It has different factors that can produce creativity.
- Each country has his own expectations about a task. In our university we work each hour. Some student already asked us why we are always working. Well, it's because the teachers at home expect we work every day.
- We, Belgiums, are a little bit autistic. We want to know when something will happen, what will happen, wath we will do, ... .
- My English is improving. It still needs a lot of practice. But I start to like talking English.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten