dinsdag 16 april 2013

EXTRA INFORMATION (animals and their characteristics)

the information
Yesterday, when we were sitting in our group, my group didn't know what I was talking about when it went about working in group with rols of animals.
I have made an overview of the different animals. Each animal has their own characteristics. 
the usefullness
You can use these animals when you are working in group for a project or a task. In my class I use about 5 animals and I give each child a card with the picture of the animal. Our kids in Belgium know what they have to do when they get an animal. But if they don't know the animals you can work each day about one animal (how does the animal work, what is typical, how can I use these characteristics in different situations, ...?).
the rols in rotating groups
- lion can be the leader of the group
- peacock can be the reporter of the group
- owl can keep an eye on the time
- beaver can be responsible for leaving the materials decently when you have a rotating system
- cat wants to enjoy what everyone wants to say so the cat can take care of working calmly 

the lessons
The other animals can be used in lessons when you want to talk about 'negative' behaviour. This behaviour sometimes can be good in situations. But if this behaviour gets too negative the child has to learn why and what they can do.

If you have any questions you can always ask!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. This is so cute. I Denmark we do the same, but we don't give the children cards with animal.
    I teach lower secondary (age 12-17), so when I use the methods, I tell my students that they have to go into group, and then I explain to them that they have to have one of the mentioned characters when trying to solve a problem.
    I think your way is good to work with the younger children, and I want to cooperate that into my teaching in the future.
    Thank you very much :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen